Description & Responsibilities
Senior Messaging Engineer to work with our government client located in Washington, DC. The ideal candidate is an expert messaging product engineer who has proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining the delivery and operational services to an enterprise. The focus of this role messaging and productivity services to include Exchange, Skype for Business, MS Office 365, MS Teams, cloud and hybrid models.
- Leads projects and is responsible for the design and implementation of new technology initiatives supporting the environment.
- Ensures new technology initiatives are stable and readily maintained.
- Plans and executes system upgrades for Exchange and Skype platforms.
- Manages projects within deadlines and provides weekly project status reports to management.
- Serves as Level 3 escalation for Messaging related server supported applications.
- Develops processes for the day-to-day system administration of Messaging Server environments including; Exchange Server/Exchange Online, Skype for Business/Skype Online, Enterprise Archiving Systems, Email security appliances.
- Analyzes performance of the environment and provides recommendations for improvement.
- Expertly utilizes PowerShell to build and manage the environment by implementing and improving upon automated tasks
- Actively seeks out system and environment automation and optimizations
- Acts as a technical specialist on the procedures, methods, and techniques used for checkout, acceptance testing, and preparation of software, systems, or hardware.
- Documents the environment(s) and develops related documents as needed.
Physical requirements for this position
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs or greater.
- Must be able to sit, stand, or work at desk for long periods.
DIGITALiBiz, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, creed, national origin or ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (collectively any “Protected Basis”).