Senior Technical Writer
This position will provide critical technical writing support for the Federal Aviation Administration NextGen Management Services organization. This organization provides business-related support to the broader NextGen organization including finance, management, and communications. NextGen initiatives are foundational to the continued evolution of our national aerospace system. The NextGen portfolio encompasses the planning and implementation of innovative new technologies and airspace procedures with thorough safety testing, research, innovation and collaboration. The role will require development and coordination of high-level written content for internal and external audiences and decision makers to advance the overall mission of the FAA’s NextGen Organization. The role will require significant leadership engagement to ensure customer materials are accurate, timely, and vetted.
- Prepare written reports and products for NextGen leadership and for external stakeholders across FAA, government, and industry.
- Develop and coordinate materials that communicate FAA financial policies, process and requirements within the Office of NextGen.
- Review and edit any written reports or products produced within the Office of NextGen as requested by NextGen leadership. These reports may include detailed data, analyses, plans, justifications, and reports in support of the NextGen budget.
- Prepare high-level draft material and assist the management, distribution, and tracking of official correspondence for the Office of NextGen, including briefing papers, testimony, reports, and responses prepared for Congress, the DOT Office of the Inspector General, and the Office of the FAA Administrator.
- Develop working papers, information papers, fact sheets, and presentations.
- Review, verify and make recommendations for improvements to NextGen deliverables.
- Track written deliverable status and coordination steps.
Required Skills, Education, Certifications and Experience
- BA/BS degree + 8 relevant years of experience; or
- Ph. D + 6 relevant years of experience
- Master’s + 7 relevant years of experience
- No degree + 16 relevant years of experience
- Prior FAA experience
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take direction easily and remain flexible as needs evolve
- Must be able/willing to take on new challenges; execute tasks in small windows of time; and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to operate proactively – to anticipate where support for the client is needed
- Stakeholder engagement and collaboration skills, including the ability to conduct such activities seamlessly in a virtual environment, as required
- At a minimum the candidate should have experience and be well versed with the Office 365 suite, including but not limited to: SharePoint, MS Lists, Power BI, Teams, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, etc. and Adobe products like PRO, Sign, etc.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- Current Public Trust Clearance
- Prior FAA NextGen experience
Physical requirements for this position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to work remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must be able to lift 20 lbs or greater.
DIGITALiBIZ, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, creed, national origin or ancestry, religious persuasion, marital status, political belief, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, status as a veteran, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws (collectively any “Protected Basis”).
If you are in need of Reasonable Accommodations, please Contact Diane Reed at (240) 252-2955 email@example.com. She will be able to address this need.